Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Gentle Slopes

ive been having a hard time reading the bible lately, it makes me miss all the asbury kids and teachers who had good answers to hard questions.

"I can't sing it like I think it. I can't think it like I feel it, and I don't feel a thing."

today during lunch i grabbed a nice cup of coffee from Greyfriar's, then quickly walked to the walking bridge to enjoy the wonderful breeze and the beautiful clouds. i closed my eyes for a few minutes and went back to Montana in the fields with the cattle and the buffalo and the tall grass and the wind and the sky.

i havent thought such beautiful things in a few years.

i had this thought:

There is something about clouds.
They seem so magical, so free and perfect.
They wisp away work, fly over industry, sing with the birds, they create landscapes of their own accord. Beings move through them with a smiling splendor. Effortlessly they caress the trees and gently kiss the blue sky. They are the glorious second life of the rivers and oceans.
It's no wonder God hid his face amongst the clouds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home