Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Parking Tickets Doth Make Heartache

"When in doubt, Boddingtons."- Some total fag

twice in my life have i appealed parking tickets on college campuses.

once i was rejected by a committee of fellow students. this was the ticket that i felt was the most absurd. i have to admit, i was pretty pissed at Lauren McQueen (Head of Student Council for appealing parking tickets) for the rest of the semester.

and once my friends.... once hath my appeals triumphed!

A Dalton State College security guy with a beard and a MAD collection of police patches lowered my ticket from a possible twenty dollars to a measley 5. and just for that i will obey the rules.

what gets me is that my case for the rejected appeal at Asbury was the best one in my mind. this most recent appeal wasnt very solid but i guess the guy just isnt too much of a hardass.

i got a ticket once at UGA for parking the wrong way when Adam Perry and I attended a Halloween dance party at Karri Bishop's house.

*if you didnt know this, although i think most normal people do, if you get a ticket on a college campus that you have never attended- they cant really make you pay. that is until you attend that school and they get all your info. i think there is some kind of policy in place that prevents a school from talking to the Feds about where you live so they can send you a bill.

exploit while you can my friends, exploit while you can.

when i was a kid i leared that in Montana there were designated places of "No Speed Limit". this got me stoked even before i could drive legally. THEN i went to Montana one summer. i was stoked.

i learned that the previous summer they enstated a State wide mandatory speed limit in those barren passages of roadway. how my heart doth ache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home