Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Son of Tree That Owns Itself

The Tree That Owns Itself died. The white oak that now exists is "Son of Tree That Owns Itself".


I'm definately taking a class this semester called "Terror and Food Supply". We are supposed to plan a terrorist attack on a U.S. food supply, or plan a defense against an attack.

In horticulture I will get to:
1. make a Mr. Potato Head
2. cook a dish from a horticultural product
3. grow a houseplant
4. become totally stoked

i was shopping at this Episcopalian thrift store in town and i started chatting with the old man behind the counter. i asked him if they were associated with the Episcopal church next door and he said yes. he then told me that he was a "Whiskey-Palian", and then he gave me the layman's version of their doctrine:

"We believe in everything in moderation.."

I laughed heartily at the true-ness/falseness of that statement, and kept on chuckling out loud.

He continued staring at me, smiling and responded in a severely friendly and sincere, "Everything."

2 Comments:

Blogger Graduate Psychology Prep said...

"everything" now that's about the creepiest thing I've heard in a long time.

10:00 AM  
Blogger the color j said...

yes, me too jeff. just the statement "i believe in everything in moderation" is invalid. oh well.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home