Monday, May 21, 2007

An Electric Hand Goes Down My Back

im not real big on opening my soul to world, via internet. atleast not so much as i was. but for some reason i am going to post a few thoughts/poems/ideas here. im running on an afternoon diet of water, Lay's chips, PB & J sammies, Sparrow Love Crew, and Sigur Ros.

Begin.

The covert lilies shine their light upon all the forest leaves after the Sun has gone to bed.

The cleanness of a new morning wants to greet everyone with new life.

I ride as fast as I can over a wordless evening to find a place of solace.


Were the blooms to cast their eye upon my pen, waves upon waves would sing again. Were the leaves to make their golden hue, to pronounce every inch of you. Did the bark stand tall, to proclaim his Grace? Did the sparrow speak to you?

I Have Many Things
I have many things
I have four months to find a good pub
I have a chance to work for food and rent
I have many books to read for pleasure
I have trees to observe, I have miles to walk
I have people to meet
I have four months to exist, four months to be me
I have time to wonder where are Steinbeck's farmers, Tolkein's plants, Bunyan's travels, Coupland's dreams, Marx's workers, Samwise's Ale, Frodo's cloak, and Andruw Jones' swing.
I have four months, I have life.

The steel breath of Magnolias sing to me.

There is a sickle, and a moon.
One Caresses, and one Kills.
Lofted above the land, perched between steeples-
The two gaze down in wonder, in amusements.
The quiet churches resound with quiet choruses.
The brick breathes heavy and the pavement sags.
The trees open their arms and eyes.
They too breathe heavy.
A distant star recaps his year and his future.
A mockingbird flies swiftly over it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home