Monday, September 19, 2005

You Will Always Hurt

"First there was the dawn / and I couldn't sing a song to you / then there came the rain / but I couldn't seem to blame you

sometimes it rains / sometimes it floods you / sometimes you bleed / sometimes you just need to make it through / make it through

you will always hurt / you will always sting

you're my badlands / my grand canyon / my empty stream / you're my reservation / my second place consolation / my devastation / a thorn / a pang / a deep dark heartache / my greatest fear / a lonely tear / hopelessness / an empty caress / an earthquake / a broken plate / lost innocence / a cheap defense / my delusion / my confusion / a cancer / a wrong answer / a lost game / fickle as fame / a bad critique / a glass that leaks / a fallen leaf / talk too shallow / ground that's fallow / fatal attraction / nuclear reaction / false resurrection / thrown election / you're my silence / my violence / you're a sad song / you're a long, long, long, long way from home

you will always hurt / you will always sting / cause you won't let go of everything / until you're quiet one dark night / and you give up the fight you've fought so long / and find that trust is not a game / that naive stupid people play in youth / and you let it rain / you let it flood / you let it drive out all the pain of love" - Lori Chaffer

1 Comments:

Blogger the color j said...

nice i like it. i think thats what the end of the song is alluding to.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home